One can never get enough of Tacos! But with this plant-based recipe your Taco Tuesdays get a makeover. Get ready...Get cookin'
Ingredients for the Filling-
Small florets from 1 head Cauliflower- will make about 6-8 tacos
Chickpeas- 1 can drained and rinsed or 1.5 cups cooked
Yellow Onion -1 small diced
Lime- 1 juiced
Olive oil – 1tbsp
Cilantro- chopped (for topping)
Jalapeno- sliced optional
Mix the below spices in a small bowl
1 tsp chili powder
2 tsp of smoked Paprika
1 tsp cumin powder
½ tsp Garlic powder
1 tsp salt
Ingredients for the Broth-
Mix the following ingredients in a sauce pan:
3/4th cup Beer + 1/4th cup veg broth or water- (You can use use 1 cup of veg broth instead of beer)
2 tbsp lime juice
1.5 tsp soy sauce
2 cloves of garlic sliced
1.5 Tbsp of chipotle chile in adobo sauce or your favorite smoky hot sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Warm up the broth on a stove top and add cauliflower florets and simmer for about 5 mins so the flavor of the broth is soaked by the cauliflower.
3. Drain the cauliflower and you can save the broth for another dish
4. In a large mixing bowl, toss the cauliflower, diced yellow onions and chickpeas with the spice mix and oil.
5. Spread on a sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 20-25 mins or till the cauliflower is slightly browned.
6. While you are waiting for the cauliflower, prepare the slaw and the dressing using the below recipes.
Lime Cilantro Slaw
Carrot -1 shredded
Red and Green Cabbage- 2 cups shredded or sliced
Cilantro – 1/4th cup chopped
Lime juice- 2 tbsp
Rice Vinegar-1 tbsp
Cumin -1/2 tsp
Olive Oil- 1tsp
Salt to taste
Mix all the above ingredients together
Dressing- Cashew-Cilantro Lime Crema
Cashews- ½ cup
Water- ½ cup
Jalapeno- 3-4 slices
Cilantro- 1 cup leaves and tender stems
Garlic- 1 clove
Lime juice- 1-2 tbsp
Ground cumin – 1 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp or to taste
· Add all the ingredients to a high-speed processor jar and blend till smooth.
To assemble the Tacos : Warm up the tortillas on a stove top or grill. Pile the roasted cauliflower-chickpea, slaw, jalapeño, avocado slices, drizzle the cashew cilantro lime crema and Enjoy!